Wednesday, May 27, 2009

School - Conversation Piece

This is "Conversation Piece," my final project for seminar last semester. Sorry for such a crappy picture. My camera died during the last week of school, so this is from a friend's Facebook photos. Actually, this is only half of the work.



Using software called Isadora (the same thing I used for Color of Dissonance - http://troikatronix.com/isadora.html) I masked off all but the speech bubbles for the display of video and ran my datamoshed film on communication through them. This was then projected onto the surface of the canvas, lining up with the paiinted speech bubbles. Hopefully in the near future I can get a video of the complete work, but in the meantime put those imaginations to use!

Some ideas that went behind this - datamoshing and continuity in film, that is, trains of thought; the history of speech bubbles and codified symbols in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment