Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pictures from Battle Royale


Agh, I meant to post these much, much sooner. "Battle Royale" was an exhibition of Pokémon fan art I attended on April 20th at Light Grey Art Lab, a new art space just down the street from MCAD. In these first few pictures, I want to point out how absolutely packed this tiny place was - there were easily 300 people there during the hour I spent at the show. The curators were standing on benches hocking prints, and all the attendees wanted to do was was buy, buy, buy! Crazy.


 Cosplay is to be expected...




Team Rocket by Daniel Krall

A totally creepy portrait of gym leader Misty by Andres Guzman

Clefable by Katie C. Turner

Drowzee by Kali Ciesmier

Cloyster by Sabrina Paralin. I don't know if you can tell, but this print was made from a cross-stitch.

Hitmonlee by Dustin Harbin (1/2)

Hitmonchan by Nathan Bulmer (2/2)

1 comment:

  1. Oops, I almost forgot about this after my initial excitement, what with being pregnant and stuff. Thanks for the update! My brother especially probably wishes he could have been a fly on the wall.

    ReplyDelete